Friday, November 7, 2008

News in brief...

Johor Baru, Malaysia.. not the friendliest town, not a lot of tourists stop off obvioulsy, haha... A bit of a problem with my lack of any language skills... And I don't exactly blend in, towering over the locals and carrying the equivalent of one of them slung off my back and front. Those who are friendly are fascinated by the amount of gear I am hauling, amusing when helpful taxi drivers or bag-check girls try to move your pack for you...

I will not waffle too much, I have a train to catch, I am optimistically trying to make Malacca tonight... But since I have difficulty getting up to catch 6am trains I am on the 1450 which will not make Tampin til 1900 or so, then i have to find a bus in the right direction... ah fun. Anyway, the last of Singas was good, had a change of heart yesterday and decided i should see a couple more things to do it justice, so I hit the zoo and Kranji War Cemetary before crossing the border last night.

Will write in more detail soonish, better wander to the station so I have a chance to let the sweat re-dry under a fan before i have to sit in close proximity to anyone.

1 comment:

Lobbie said...

okaaaay...you've gone from Gayland to Tampon...dude you're making this too easy...